In 1705 he founded the Order of Sincerity (Ordre de la Sincérité), which was renamed in 1734 to the Order of the Red Eagle and had the monastery church built, which was completed in 1711.In 1716 a princely porcelain factory was established in St. The first 'castle' in the park of the Hermitage was built at this time by Margrave George William (1715–1719)./ The priests / monks and nuns they either burnt at the stake / or took them onto the ice of lakes and rivers / (in Franconia and Bavaria) and doused them with cold water / and killed them in a deplorable way / as Boreck reported in the Bohemian Chronicle, page 450" By 1528, less than ten years after the start of the Reformation, the lords of the Frankish margrave territories switched to the Lutheran faith.In 1605 a great fire, caused by negligence, destroyed 137 of the town's 251 houses.From 1756 to 1763 there was also an Academy of Arts and Sciences.Roman Catholics were given the right to set up a prayer room and Jewish families settled here again.) is a medium-sized town in northern Bavaria, Germany, on the Red Main river in a valley between the Franconian Jura and the Fichtelgebirge Mountains. In the early 21st century, it is the capital of Upper Franconia and has a population of 72,148 (2015).It is world-famous for its annual Bayreuth Festival, at which performances of operas by the 19th-century German composer Richard Wagner are presented.
The syllable -rute may mean Rodung or "clearing", whilst Baier- indicates immigrants from the Bavarian region.
The town was ruled until 1248 by the counts of Andechs-Merania.
After they died out in 1260 the burgraves of Nuremberg from the House of Hohenzollern took over the inheritance.
1742 saw the founding of the Frederick Academy, which became a university in 1743, but was moved that same year to Erlangen after serious riots because of the adverse reaction of the population.
The university has remained there to the present today.